To be an innovative provider of quality training and to strive for excellence in all we do. To provide students with a caring, Christian environment which enhances their ability to succeed, and to assist individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to work and learn in harmony.
Established in 1944, Bedford College is a not-for-profit Registered Training Organisation with a long-standing reputation for quality training in a caring environment. Bedford has a student-centred approach to learning and sets the benchmark by which other training providers are measured.
Bedford College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Number 90301
Whilst the College has a Christian ethos, enrolled students come from a wide variety of races, religions, cultures and beliefs. An open access and equity policy governs our enrolment practices and the College is committed to inclusiveness and mutual respect for all individuals.
The employment success of Bedford graduates is unsurpassed, with the vast majority going straight into full-time work on completion of their course. And the ability to provide students with automatic entry (with credit) into university (with no ATAR) means that Bedford Graduates have a distinct advantage over graduates from other colleges.
Business and Leadership & Management Courses
Since it’s inception, Bedford College has delivered business and related courses and is considered expert in training for the business sector.
Although the College is over 70 years old, we are far from old-fashioned. We are committed to regular liaison with our industry partners to ensure that we’re providing students with the most up-to-date skills and knowledge that employers seek- and we tailor our training to meet industry needs.
We are committed to providing students with the tools to enhance their career prospects. With this in mind our Business and Leadership & Management courses include a number of additional (complementary) units that will increase both career and higher-education opportunities.
Early Childhood Education & School Age Education Courses
Early Childhood Education is arguably the highest skills shortage sector in Australia today with demand for qualified early childhood educators far outweighing supply.
Our purpose-built Child Care Campuses at both Glebe and Norwest, were designed to replicate up-market Early Childhood Centres. This means that early childhood education and school age education students learn in arguably the most modern, up-to-date training facilities in Australia today.
Community Services Course
Community services work is a diverse profession that covers over 50 occupations. A community worker is a qualified person who, through professional training and field education, has the knowledge, skills and values to work in a social welfare agency or program intended to promote or restore the social functioning of individuals, families, social groups or larger communities. Promoting and advocating for social justice and maximising human potential are cornerstones of community work.
- To provide students with a learning environment where each can achieve his/her own personal best results; and
- To equip students with a high-level of skills and knowledge which will enable them to attain a satisfying, well-paid career; and
- To provide a guaranteed pathway for graduates who wish to undertake further studies to gain entry into university.
What sets Bedford apart from other training organisations is that we provide professional training in a caring, Christian environment. We have an holistic approach to training and focus not only on the skills and knowledge required for work, but we also coach students in presenting the right attitude to an employer.
To offer every student the means of realising their full potential. To help us achieve this, we provide individualised tuition in small class groups where every student is an individual and a sense of confidence and self-worth is fostered.
Bedford College trainers are selected for their commitment to high-quality training, their subject knowledge, their industry experience and their dedication to helping students to achieve their personal best results. They are committed to training students who will go into the workforce as confident, highly skilled, literate, flexible individuals who are responsive to the ever-changing needs of industry.
Our Service Commitment
Bedford College is committed to providing quality training and assessment services to its learners.
We aim to:
- Provide training and assessment services that meet industry needs and trends
- Provide training and assessment services that meet industry best practice
- Deliver high-quality, innovative and engaging training
- Maintain a student-centred approach to learning
- Seek to continuously improve our training and assessment services
- Foster relationships with our students, supporting them through their learning
- Provide flexible learning opportunities
- Be open, honest and ethical in all our dealings with stakeholders
- Provide a supportive and open learning environment
- Ensure all training is delivered by qualified trainers and assessors with the latest industry knowledge and experience
- Provide a high-level of support services to all students
- Encourage and support students to achieve their own personal best results
- Ensure all training is continually monitored and improved
- Maintain a healthy and effective learning environment for students
- Provide automatic entry to higher education (university degrees) to our graduates
- Provide a high-standard of skills and knowledge to our students thereby maximising their employment opportunities
- Produce competent and confident workers that benefit the community and industry.