Start Dates: February, April, July & October
|CHC40213 – Certificate IV in Education Support||30 weeks|
This course has 17 Units (subjects) – (12 core units and 5 elective units)
|CHC40213 – Certificate IV in Education Support||0100115||38 weeks|
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, from kindergarten/early childhood education through to year 12 high school settings. This includes public and independent schools and community education settings. The qualification will provide students with the skills and knowledge to assist and support teachers and students – including children/students with additional needs.
Through a mix of classroom learning and practical work placement you will lay the groundwork for a rewarding career in education. The sector is currently experiencing strong growth with the Australian Government expecting to see at least 50,000 job openings in the next five years.
Students attend College three days a week from 9am to 3pm and 5 hours per week in the online classroom. An optional supervised study period is available from 3pm-4pm each day for students who need additional help or revision. (Other learning arrangements may be possible – please contact the College for details).
(A free Supervised Study Period from 3.00pm to 4.00pm is also offered from Monday to Thursday).
There are 17 units of study in this qualification:
- Work with diverse people
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Comply with legislative policy and industrial requirements in an education environment
- Assist in facilitation of student learning
- Work with students in need of additional support
- Use education strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Implement participation and engagement strategies
- Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- Respond to client language, literacy and numeracy needs
- Provide first aid
The Education Support course has a mandatory 100 hours of work placement to be undertaken the course. This work placement will occur during the course as advised by the Bedford trainer.
- Teachers’ Aid in kindergartens/early childhood, primary schools and high school settings
- Education support staff
- Education assistant (special needs, language/literacy, cultural support)
- Home tutor
- School Age Care Assistant (vacation care, OOSH, kindergarten)
This is a fast-growing sector with many job opportunities available.
You may pay for your course by cash or credit card or we can arrange a payment plan to suit your needs. OR you may decide to utilise a Study Loan:
Study Loans – Financing your future
Specialising only in student loans, Study Loans is the first dedicated private student loan provider in Australia – it provides a new kind of finance for students seeking assistance in paying for their vocational and tertiary education. Study Loans are all about helping people advance in their careers to reach their full potential by providing the necessary funds to pay for tuition fees during those criterial periods of education.
Click Payment Information for more details.