HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Accredited First Aid Course
Certification in HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
This course covers the knowledge and skills required to provide CPR, manage and assess an emergency situation, use an automatic external defibrillator (AED), understand DRSABCD and the First Aider's legal responsibilities. This unit was developed in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Suitable for 14 years or above
Mode of Delivery:
Online learning plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment
Blended course with:
- Online learning prior to the face-to-face training (approx. 0.5 - 1 hour *).
- Face-to-face training and assessment (approx. 2 hours *).
* Duration is dependent on the student's ability. If the online learning is not completed prior to the face-to-face training, it will need to be completed during the course.
Written, practical and scenario-based assessment. Minimum of two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor to meet the performance criteria for assessment.
On completion, students will receive a Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following unit:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Valid for 1 year.
Industry-standard is that you will need to update your HLTAID009 training (CPR) every 12 months to stay current.
This course covers skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform CPR in accordance with the ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards the casualty
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers' instructions
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of the incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
If you have a limitation that may affect your ability to complete the course, please call us to discuss prior to your booking.
Register Your InterestFirst Aid Training
CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE | MASTER THE RIGHT SKILLS | BECOME EMPLOYED
YOU’RE BETTER OFF AT BEDFORD.