HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Accredited First Aid Course
Certification in HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
This course covers the knowledge and skills required to provide CPR, manage and assess an emergency situation, use an automatic external defibrillator (AED), and understand DRSABCD and the First Aider's legal responsibilities. This unit was developed in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
In this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge to provide basic first aid response and life support, and manage casualties, the incident, and other first aiders, until qualified emergency help arrives at the scene of the incident.
This course is ideal for employees‚ parents, carers and anyone who may be required to provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities. The unit was developed in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Suitable for 14 years or above
Mode of Delivery:
Online plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment
Blended course with:
- Online learning prior to face-to-face training (approx. 0.5 to 1 hour *)
- Face-to-face training and assessment (2-3 hours *)
* Duration is dependent on the student's learning ability. If online learning is not completed prior to the face-to-face training, it will need to be completed on the day.
Written, practical and scenario-based assessment. Minimum of two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor to meet the performance criteria for assessment.
On completion students will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units:
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support - Valid for 3 years.
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Valid for 1 year.
This course covers skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Chain of survival
- Assessing the situation
- Basic Life Support - DRSABCD
- Infection control
- Performing CPR
- Appropriate use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care of the unconscious person
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Respiratory distress, including Asthma
If you have a limitation that may affect your ability to complete the course, please call us to discuss prior to your booking.
Register Your InterestFirst Aid Training
CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE | MASTER THE RIGHT SKILLS | BECOME EMPLOYED
YOU’RE BETTER OFF AT BEDFORD.