HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Accredited First Aid Course
Certification in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance.
In this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge to be able to provide first aid response and life support, and manage casualties, the incident, and other first aiders, until qualified emergency help arrives at the scene of the incident. The unit was developed in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
Provide First Aid
Suitable for 14 years or above
Mode of Delivery:
e-Learning plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment
Blended course with:
- Online learning (e-Learning) prior to face-to-face training (estimated 6 hours*)
- Face-to-face training and assessment (4 hours in a classroom environment)
*E-Learning can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Estimated duration is dependent on the student’s learning ability.
Written, practical and scenario-based assessment. Minimum of two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor to meet the performance criteria for assessment.
On successful completion of this training course, students will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID011 unit is valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion.
HLTAID010 unit is valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion.
HLTAID009 unit is valid for 12 months from date of course completion.
This course covers skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Manage the casualty in a respectful manner
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers' instructions
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incidents in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
If you have a learning or physical limitation that would affect your ability to complete the course, please call us to discuss prior to booking.
CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE | MASTER THE RIGHT SKILLS | BECOME EMPLOYED
YOU’RE BETTER OFF AT BEDFORD.