HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
An advanced first aid course can give you the additional training you need to respond to many more complicated medical conditions and situations. HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid course provides a good grounding in all the essentials covered in introductory first aid courses, but also gives you training in advanced topics like first aid for children, allergic reactions and anaphylaxis, choking, poisoning, and cardiac conditions. HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid training is the most comprehensive qualification in first aid available to the general public.
Regardless of your previous experience with first aid or providing care in a crisis, HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid can better prepare you for a wide variety of medical emergencies. HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid is now the industry standard for comprehensive first aid training. The course covers the full content of basic first aid training but adds additional advanced topics to provide one of the most thorough, all-in-one first aid training packages on the market. The training is a mixture of theory and practical hands-on experience.
Provide Advanced First Aid
The minimum age is 16 Years
Mode of Delivery:
e-Learning plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment
Blended course with:
- Online learning (e-Learning) prior to face-to-face training (estimated 6 hours*)
- Face-to-face training and assessment (5 hours in a classroom environment)
*E-Learning can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Estimated duration is dependent on the student’s learning ability.
Written, practical and scenario-based assessment. Minimum of two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor to meet the performance criteria for assessment.
On successful completion of this training course, students will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID014 unit is valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion.
HLTAID011 unit is valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion.
HLTAID010 unit is valid for 36 months (3 years) from the date of course completion.
HLTAID009 unit is valid for 12 months from date of course completion.
This course covers skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Taking and assessing vital signs, including normal clinical values (respiration, temperature, pulse, level of consciousness)
- Secondary assessments
- Basic triage processes
- First aid procedures for the aged, elderly or infirm
- First aid procedures for major and minor workplace accidents
- First aid procedures for children
- Use of ancillary first aid equipment and coordination of resources
- Advanced first aid management for abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Non-life-threatening bleeding
- Life-threatening bleeding
- Cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- Advanced first aid management for childbirth
- Crush injuries
- Ear injuries, including bleeding from the ear
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Minor wounds
- Sharps injuries
- Substance misuse
- First aider and rescuer mental well-being and support (Mental Health)
If you have a learning or physical limitation that would affect your ability to complete the course, please call us to discuss prior to booking.
CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE | MASTER THE RIGHT SKILLS | BECOME EMPLOYED
YOU’RE BETTER OFF AT BEDFORD.