DIPLOMA OF VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING (TAE50116)
This qualification reflects the roles of experienced practitioners delivering training and assessment services within the vocation education (VET) sector. This may include roles as leading trainers and assessors, mentors or training/assessment managers.
This course includes 10 units of competency as follows:
TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
The course is structured into four learning clusters:
- Cluster 1 – Learning development and design
- Cluster 2 – Language, literacy and numeracy (LLN)
- Cluster 3 – Maintain currency and deliver training
- Cluster 4 – Assessment
- Whilst there are no formal prerequisite units required to study this course, it is strongly recommended that learners hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) PLUS vocational experience OR extensive vocational experience in training and assessment roles in an RTO or similar organisation that focuses on competency-based training and assessment.
- To enrol in this course, participants must have access to one, or a range of, workplaces or practice environments that will provide the opportunity to practice their training and assessment skills in a real workplace, and complete the tasks with real vocational learners.
Please click here for the Assessment Requirements for each unit of competence in this course.
This qualification is specifically designed for experienced trainers/assessors who:
- are responsible for leading other trainers and assessors and training managers who are responsible for leading other trainers and assessors
- are involved in providing mentoring and advice to other trainers and assessors
- are responsible for designing approaches for leaning and assessment strategies across an RTO