High Graduate Success Rate
At Bedford, we believe that the education we offer will make a positive difference in your life. Therefore, we focus on preparing you with a career-focused education which will lead you to meaningful employment. Because of this, many of our students are employed by the time they graduate.
Established Employment Partners
To maintain our high graduate success rate, we have partnered with some of Australia’s largest companies and organisations, as well as local businesses. We are constantly approached by these employment partners, as they are always keen to employ Bedford students and graduates.
Professional Development Programs
We are never satisfied with the status quo, and we are always looking for new ways to help you develop and grow. In conjunction with the nationally recognised training at Bedford, you will be given additional training in the ageless necessities of communication, self-esteem, and professional presentation.
We will also make sure you are confident when applying for jobs, by offering inclusive seminars in career planning, interview training, CV writing, cover letters, and additional support whenever needed. By doing this, you will have an advantage when it comes to finding employment.
Industry Experienced Lecturers and Work Integrated Learning
Many of our lecturers are still working part-time in their respective industries, and all of our lecturers are up to date with current trends to ensure you are ready for today’s challenges in the workplace. Because of this, you will receive rare opportunities to improve your employability and industry knowledge. This includes off-site visits, industry guest speakers and alumni mentoring sessions.
Holistic Community Environment
At Bedford, we are committed to educating you as a whole person. In doing this, consideration is given to enhancing both the professional and personal aspects of your life. Lecturers and support staff are committed to a culture of extra support for you and make firm efforts to provide enjoyable student life experiences.
Although you may be happy with the employment outcomes our courses lead you to, you may also wish to take your studies further after Bedford.
We completely respect this, and that is why we have made both formal and informal pathway plans with a wide range of universities. These universities include the University of Sydney (USyd), Macquarie University (MQ), University of Wollongong (UoW), University of Newcastle (UoN), University of New England (UNE), Charles Sturt University (CSU), University of Notre Dame Australia (UNDA), Australian Catholic University (ACU), and Avondale University (AU).
We are located within the Norwest Business Park which is 15 minutes from the Parramatta CBD in Sydney. Norwest is home to over four hundred companies and businesses, including large multinational corporates such as Woolworths, ResMed, Optus, and IBM. Within walking distance of the College are large shopping centres, hotels, pubs, a country club, gyms, and a variety of top-tier restaurants, as well as many affordable dining options. To balance the commercial element, there is also twenty hectares of parks, walking tracks, and plenty of nature to enjoy. For our international students, affordable housing options are available nearby to make living, working, and studying in Norwest a reality. Norwest is indeed a paradise for both local and international students.
Our Heritage and Missional Intent
Founded in 1943, Bedford is one of Australia’s oldest tertiary institutions. We remain firmly committed to our Mission: “To be an innovative provider of quality training, and to strive for excellence in all we do. To provide students with a caring, Christian environment which enhances their ability to succeed – and to assist all backgrounds and cultures to work and learn in harmony”. We are a not-for-profit organisation, and we were founded with the right intentions, which continue to guide us to this day.
BEDFORD COLLEGE IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU
SECONDARY SCHOOL LEAVERS
- Year 10 Leavers - an alternative to Years 11 and 12.
- HSC Graduates - ‘Smarter Option’: Diploma + Potential Job Outcome + Credit Options into University (if you’d like to take on further study!)
- Also open to students who may be returning froma gap year overseas or on mission.
- Drive to college and park on campus or make use of public transport.
- A unique Australian experience in Sydney’s Norwest.
- Affordable housing options nearby with employment opportunities.
- Public Transport to the College’s front door.
MATURE AGE STUDENTS
- Perfect for people looking to study towards a career change or re-enter the workforce.
- Introductions to the College’s industry partners, major companies and social services organisations.
- Great for students open to careers in aged care, community services, vocational training and education support.
- An alternative to the HSC with university pathway options available.
- A perfect in-between point from being homeschooled to finding a job or entering university.
- Update previously awarded qualifications or study towards a qualification in your chosen field of work.
- Become academically recognised for your experience through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Get ahead with an update to your CV.
COMMUNITY MINDED PEOPLE and GENERAL INTEREST
- Satisfy your interest in an area of study offered by Bedford to contribute to your community.
- Treat study at Bedford as a worthwhile hobby and an investment in an area of interest you might have.
- Receive a tertiary education as a ‘bucket list’ item.