Diploma of Leadership and Management
A Diploma of Leadership and Management will enable you to become a valuable leader in any organisation – no matter how big or small – while learning the fundamentals to business success and innovation.
Delivered 100% online or hybrid, our Diploma of Leadership and Management is a 12-month leadership and management course that gives you the foundational knowledge you need to drive change, build high-performing teams and make strategic decisions.
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- 12 month duration
- Part-time study available for Domestic students
- CRICOS Code: 104134K
Modes of delivery
- Online: Students are provided with a training plan that sets out a course structure for students to follow at their own pace
- Face-to-face: Students attend college as per the class timetable set out for the course
- Successful completion of Year 10 (or equivalent)
- No ATAR is required
- Applicants undertake a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment for the College to determine the level of assistance needed to support the student.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management enables graduates to gain foundational skills in business such as human resources, strategy, marketing and budgeting.
Many graduating students go on to fulfil roles in the private, Government and not-for-profit sectors:
- Legal Services
- Human Resources
- Media & Communications
- Finance & Banking
- Property & Real Estate
- Events & Hospitality
- Small Business Owner
- Pastoral Ministry
A nationally accredited leadership and management course, our Diploma of Leadership and Management will equip and empower students to lead successfully in today’s fast-paced business world utilising valuable skills in business administration, project management and organisational development.
Students have the opportunity to undertake a one week work placement.
Thanks to our 80-year legacy providing nationally recognised training, Bedford works closely with industry partners as part of the students’ practicum placement, with many students going on to receive employment offers upon graduation.
Some of our graduates choose to undertake further study upon completion of their Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Bedford College have arrangements with high-ranking universities to provide articulation pathways (with credit) towards Bachelor degree programs. As the formal agreements are subject to periodic change, it is best to contact us directly for the most up-to-date information.
Diploma of Leadership and Management core units:
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
Diploma of Leadership and Management elective units:
- BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
- BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- SIRXMKT006 Develop a social media strategy
Bedford offers students flexibility when it comes to enrolment, allowing commencement of study across four study periods in a year.
View our domestic student fees.
Bedford College is an approved VET Student Loans (VSL) provider for Diploma level qualifications where students meet the eligibility requirements.
VSL is for domestic students only and is not available for international students.