Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to become a qualified trainer and assessor in the vocational education and training (VET) sector in as little as 12 months.
Designed to be flexible and accessible for aspiring trainers, a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment focuses on practical skill development using hands-on training in real-world scenarios.
TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- 12 month duration
You may also be interested in completing TAE Course Skill Sets.
Modes of delivery
- Online: Students are provided with a training plan that sets out a course structure for students to follow at their own pace
- Face-to-face: Students attend college as per the class timetable set out for the course
Those entering this qualification must be
able to demonstrate vocational competency
in their proposed training and assessing area.
Vocational competency is defined as broad
industry knowledge and experience, and may
include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant
unit of competency or qualification.
To enrol in this course, participants must
have access to one, or a range of, workplaces
or practice environments that will provide the
opportunity to practice their training and
assessment skills in a real workplace and
complete the tasks with real vocational learners.
Many graduating students go on to fulfil the following career opportunities:
- Trainer and Assessor
- Vocational Education Trainer
- Training Manager
- Workplace Assessor
From the design and delivery of training programs to assessing learner competency and evaluating training outcomes, a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment will enable you to be a qualified trainer. Successful completion of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification will have you delivering training and assessment in a range of workplaces as well as at any registered training organisation (RTO).
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment core units:
- TAEASS412 Assess competence
- TAEASS413 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL411 Facilitate vocational training
- TAEDES411 Use nationally recognised training products to meet vocational training needs
- TAEDES412 Design and develop plans for vocational training
- TAEPDD401 Work effectively in the VET sector
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment elective units:
Choose at least 3 from this group:
- TAEASS404 Assess competence in an online Environment
- TAEDEL311 Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL405 Plan, organise and facilitate online learning
- TAEDEL412 Facilitate workplace-based learning
Choose up to 3 from this group:
- TAELLN421 Integrate core skills support into training and assessment
- TAELLN422 Use foundation skills resources, strategies and advice
- TAELLN423 Integrate employability skills support into training and assessment
- TAEXDB411 Plan and implement individual support plans for learners with disability
- TAEXDB511 Develop and implement training and assessment strategies for learners with disability
Bedford offers students flexibility when it comes to enrolment, allowing commencement of study across two study periods in a year.